Monday, February 16, 2009

Time to begin

After 34 straight years living in Juneau, Alaska (plus 2 more before that), I moved. I now live in Viola, Wisconsin. Quite a move. Anytime one lives so long in one place, he sees change (unless he ignores it). It was finally time to leave when the changes became too irritating and there was no way to correct them.

Now I must learn new hunting and fishing skills (or relearn them since I grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania and southern Michigan). I managed to finally get myself moved in by the end of October, 2008. I purchased my license for the deer season(s) in my area. Since the rifle season is shorter than what I was used to in Alaska, I had to hit the woods a lot harder. Fortunately, I live on 58 acres and could work that area pretty well and managed to get a whitetail doe. Just don’t ask about the easy shot I missed or the one that watched when I fumbled with the scope cover. Actually, it was not too bad since I was unable to really scout my land before the season opened. I should do a lot better this coming season.

Now I can share my experiences and thoughts as I explore and have new adventures in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment